History

Our history

2016
Re-organisation of Eisenwerk Böhmer into Böhmer Gusstechnik GmbH & Co. KG and Böhmer
Zerspanungstechnik GmbH & Co. KG
2013
Introduction and certification of our energy management according to ISO 50001:2011
2012
Introduction of a comprehensive ERP-Software
2010 / 11
Introduction, Development and certification of our quality management according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008
2008
Building a new moulding shop for big castings
2004
Introduction of the numeric simulation for quality assurance and quality improvement
1989
Introduction of IT-Systems and a special management software for casting processes
1987
Extension of the machining shop and startup of the first CNC-center
1980
Continous reduction of producing mining accessories and switch over to crane wheels and costumised castings as main products
1972
New Generation: Mr. Friedrich Wilhelm Böhmer takes over
1970
Cast steel foundry for general mining equipment focussed on wheels and wheel sets
1965
Converting of the melting machinery to middle-frequence induction furnaces
1963
Start-up of crane wheel production
1955
Start-up of the rebuilt foundry on the company premises with a cupola furnace
Employees number 353
1945 / 46
The facility was nearly totally destroyed during the second world war
Rebuilding project on our own
Product focus on mining equipment
1942
Wilhelm Böhmer jun. takes over
1938
Production of various wheel-sets for railway vehicles
Employees number 106
1929
Relocation from the "old plant" to the new facility area
1923
Wilhelm Böhmer sen. sole shareholder
Reorientation of the production line to various equipments for field- and  mining  trains
1920
The company is founded by Wilhelm Böhmer, Hermann Flor and Wilhelm Bopp as a crucibles foundry
Production: steam and wafer irons